top of page

Tree Conservation Areas

If your city/town has a tree conservation ordinance, chances are, the forest buffer around your house is regulated by that ordinance. Removing trees from these areas may be more complex than simply hiring your local tree service or landscaper.


We help guide you through the municipality code requirements.

But my tree looks dangerous.

Before you cut, call! Call your local municipal planning department. Many ordinances require an arborist to evaluate the tree before they grant permission for removal.


Oops! I already cut the tree down.

Call anyway! It's better if the notification of a potential violation comes from you rather than an anonymous caller.

We work with the municipality, on your behalf, to achieve code compliance.

Image by Annie Spratt
bottom of page